Monday, June 13, 2011

New hat!

These past few weeks have been super hectic for me. I work as a lifeguard at the local pool and I have been getting a ton of hours. Not that I'm complaining, because I love getting the money, but I hardly have time to knit anymore! Haha. I love my job. I lifeguard and teach swim lessons, and this past weekend the outdoor pool opened so I'll be getting my tan on a few times a week :) The kids I teach are adorable, and the lifeguarding is pretty nice. I've made a lot of new friends there, which is fantastic because I hardly know anyone who is staying in Pullman for the summer, and I've met a lot of fantastic members at the pool who I enjoy talking to.
Anyway... I have been knitting off and on in my free time, and I just managed to finish a pretty fantastic hat! I bought the yarn in a consignment bin at a local yarn shop in Moscow, Idaho a few months ago, and I couldn't figure out what to do with it once I bought it! I finally decided to make a hat, and I LOVE it. The yarn is really bulky and soft, which makes the hat super warm. I don't even care though. I'd wear it all summer anyway, but I am REALLY hoping someone will buy it! There are a few random threads sticking out of one side, so I'm not sure what to price it at. I was thinking around $15... What do you think of it?? :)


4 comments:

  1. The color totally matches your eyes! It's beautiful! Bring it home, unless you sell it, I want to see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cool idea; you should try making some more of varying types and could even include a stripe or different patterns : )
    Looks like it is pretty big, which is good if you have a lot of hair. Does it fit snugly?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I really like the color, I am planning on making a second one in the same color- but not for a few months, probably. I am definitely going to make some more in a few more colors. Do you have any requests for colors? :) Yeah, it is pretty snug, but it also stretches if you have a big head. I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great hat!! I crochet in the evenings while hubby watches TV :) It's so relaxing...

    ReplyDelete