Sunday, June 19, 2011

Home!

Well, unfortunately, no craftyness to report, but I got to go home this weekend! I am currently living in my college town for the summer because I got a job there, and since I don't have a car, trips home are pretty far and few between. I have been kind of homesick all summer, being alone in Pullman, so I have taken advantage of every ride to western WA I can. This weekend, my mom and I went to Seattle and shopped all over Pike Place for hours, went to Lush (and I got a FANTASTIC conditioner bar that I'm going to start using at the pool!!!), and shopped all around Westlake Mall. After, my mom and I went to a club to see my sister's boyfriend's "School of Rock" band perfrom. He is only 16, and he was AWESOME! He played trumpet for most of the concert because the theme of the night was motown. He had so much energy and was so fun to watch!

Unfortunately, I had to say goodbye to my sister at around 6:30am on Friday morning. This was the last time I'm going to see her until August, due to a month long exchange in Germany she'll be starting in 2 weeks. This weekend, she went to cross country camp so I didn't get to see her hardly at all. I'm really bummed about that, but we'll keep in touch online until then :)

On Saturday, we went to an area around Shelton to visit my grandparents, aunt, uncle, and cousins, who were camping. It was great to see everyone and to celebrate Father's day with my family.

Overall, it was a great weekend. I hope I get to go home soon (maybe over the 4th of July?) but we'll see if I can get a ride home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment